EWC at the EUIPO Launch of the Out of Commerce Works-Portal
LAUNCH OF THE EUIPO OUT OF COMMERCE WORKS PORTAL
On June 7, the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) presented the newly launched portal for out of commerce works. Eight speakers discussed the challenges authors and cultural heritage institutions may face.
During this online event, the EUIPO presents the newly launched portal for out of commerce works, and explains how CHIs, CMOs and rights holders, for example authors and publishers, can engage with it. Representatives from these sectors shared their expectations and talked about collaboration to ensure the success of the out of commerce works provisions. The event was co-organised by Europeana, the Federation of European Publishers (FEP), the European Visual Artists (EVA), and the International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organisations (IFRRO). It took place on 7 June 2021.
- Krzysztof Nichczyński, DG CNECT, European Commission
- Gyta Berasneviciute, EUIPO
- Szabolcs Dancs, Hungarian Library Institute at the National Széchényi Library
- Maarten Zeinstra, IP Squared / KVAN
- Arlette Bekink, Pictoright
- Walter Swagemakers, EYE Film Institute
- Nina George, Novelist, President of the European Writers’ Council
- Matthias Ulmer, CEO, Ulmer Verlag
To the Statement of the EWC and the recording of the event