EWC at Week for Freedom of Expression
Press Conference and Debate
Freedom of speech under pressure: What can media and cultural professionals do?
For the second time, the Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels – German Publishers’ and Booksellers’ Association – is putting the importance of freedom of expression for a free, democratic and peaceful society in the public spotlight with the “Freedom of Expression Week” from 3-10 May 2022. Especially in view of Russia’s war of aggression on Ukraine, the commitment to peace and the values of a free society is more important than ever.
The participants in the discussion “Freedom of speech under pressure: What can media and cultural professionals do?”
– Sebastian Fitzek Writer, Moderator
– Nina George European Writers’ Council, writer
– Anna-Beeke Gretemeier Editor-in-Chief stern
– Ralf Nestmeyer PEN Centre Germany
– Margit Ketterle, Droemer Knaur publishing group, IG Meinungsfreiheit of the Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels (German Publishers and Booksellers Association)
– Peter Kraus vom Cleff, German Publishers and Booksellers Association
You can be there live on YouTube: https://youtu.be/LPg338D8PAk