The EWC Burning Issues Forum
AI: Legal, economic and ethical challenges in the book sector
The forum will address issues of the present: technical and economical developments within the book sector, legal and ethical handling of AI for writers, translators, CMOs, and the whole book sector.
- Venue: Hotel Albrechtshof (Saal Klepper), Berlin.
- Date: 3 June 2023, 14:00-16:30.
- For EWC Delegates, invited Speakers and selected Guests only.
14:00 WELCOME by the Moderators: Maïa Bensimon, Eystein Hanssen.
14:05 ICEBREAKER SESSION – QUIZ: TO BOT, OR NOT TO BOT
14:15 AI IN THE BOOKSECTOR, AI & IP
15:00 Break and buffet
15:30 ECONOMICS, ETHICS
16:20 Wrap up by the Moderators
16:45 -17:45 Optional for free follow-up debates and mingling.
TO THE BOOKLET
AI & THE BOOK SECTOR___
- André Hansen (Translator – Board Member of the Literary Translators Association VdÜ, Germany)
- Nina George (Novelist, EWC President)
AI & IP___
- Dr. Robert Staats (Lawyer, CEO VG Wort)
- Prof. Dr. Silke von Lewinski (ALAI President Germany, Max Planck Institute for Innovation & Competition)
AI & ECONOMICS___
- Prof. Lena Falkenhagen (VS Chair)
- Katharina Uppenbrink (Managing Director, Initiative Urheberrecht)
AI & ETHICS___
- Alice Rosenfeldt (Jurist, Swedish Association of Educational Writers)
- Jens J. Kramer (Novelist, outgoing Chair Syndikat –German Language Crime Writers)
TO THE BOOKLET
The EWC Burning Issues Forum 2023 is Co-sponsored by VG Wort and KulturWerk e.V.